CTC Profiles - Prabhakaran Mohan




Wednesday, March 15, 2017


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am a post graduate in Economics and currently working as a Finance Manager in British Telecom Global Business Services in Gurgaon, Haryana.

I love endurance sports especially Triathlons and apart from that I like event management. That’s one reason I self-nominate to volunteer as host for Chennai Triathlons.

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

CTC was introduced to me by a good friend and a fellow CTCian Karthik Subramanian in 2011 with whom I did my first trek. My love for endurance sports started with the first edition of Chennai Trail Marathon. All thanks to friend and fellow CTCian Venkateswaran Whenghee Sekhar.

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

Whilst I was active in most of the CTC activities when I was living in Chennai, they have become very selective now. I plan my travel to Chennai merging my personal commitments along with CTC’s Chennai Triathlon. I love volunteering like anyone else in CTC. So apart from helping in Organizing at times participating, I also ensure that I volunteer for the event.

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

There is very little I can call as achievements because there is much more I should do to call as achievements in CTC. However there was a real sense of satisfaction when I organized 5days x 5Kms running series for CTC’s anniversary in 2014. It became a habit to lead training sessions and most importantly it made a difference to many. Now when I see some of from those sessions go on to follow healthy life style, I feel that I have achieved something.

Anything else you might want to add?

If there is one thing that I would want everyone to believe in, then it is that a healthy body can only have a healthy mind. I strongly believe in this and strive to live by. 


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Without exaggeration, the fact is that there are many best moments if one is associated with CTC. If I were to pick one, then I would pick the day when I was also picked as a Top CTC Volunteer in 2014.

How do you manage your work life balance ?

I work for an UK based telecom giant, so my work starts by 1:00 in the afternoon and I have always been an early raiser. So my typical day starts at 5 AM and ends by 11 PM. My weekends mostly dedicated to endurance sports. Time management is the best way to manage work life balance and the support you get from family and friends is key in it. I still practice managing my time effectively and efficiently and on the other hand I am really lucky to have a supportive family and friends.

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

I have specific fitness goals for myself. First is to complete a full distance triathlon. However, my long term goal is to at least help 5 of my friends achieve an active fitness life style. From CTC perspective, I want to organize a triathlon for Kids and encourage them towards endurance sports and active life style at a young age.

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

Life before CTC was very much confined to a smaller circle of friends and activities. However, after CTC I have definitely made more friends and knowledge and experience in many unknown activities have increased. I must also admit that CTC has given me an identity not just in Chennai but also outside of it. It a great feeling to be associated with CTC.

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

More than cycling, there were quite a lot of running experiences with CTC. The best thing about CTC is that it takes you close to nature in every possible way. So the running and cycling experiences in hills and trails have always been fun.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Leading in CTC events gives me the much needed confidence and skills to manage events. It also gives me the confidence to face a crowd with people from different walks of life. The economical way in which CTC events are managed has given me great insights on how I can live fulfilling life rather than a disappointing one.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club