CTC Profiles - Sundhari Thevar




Friday, March 17, 2017
Featuring Sundhari Thevar


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am working as a Project lead in Accenture. My primary interests have been outdoors and Nature!

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

I moved to Chennai from Bangalore and had nothing to do on weekends.I joined CTC with the thought in mind that if I have to kill time ,it has to come with a cost.This club is going to cost me ,but I have no choice.I was in for a surprise.I found so much to do for self and society and without a cost attached to it. In fact sometimes what I spend on these trips is nothing compared to what I gain from it.I became a part of some event everyday and now I am addicted!

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

Treks,Runs,Swimm,Volunteering for sports,plantation,Clean-ups

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

Every plastic I clean up,every sapling I plant,every sportsperson reaching the finish line in our event I take as an achievement.

My biggest is how it has completely got me outdoors!

Anything else you might want to add?

MOVE!!!To all who have been pushing it forward to so many Mondays,Just start.Grab your shoes,pick your water bottle and move.There is no time as good time.There is so less time and so much to travel and experience.Any time is right time!


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Honestly all my best moments has been with CTC.Every event I meet new people and friends who bring with them so much freshness and experience.Its so much fun and learning from all of them.

How do you manage your work life balance ?

I have learnt to say “ No” .I am able to manage my work more effectively hence able to prioritize and complete my tasks.My connect with outdoors makes me more confident,sharper and brighter.I managed to move from a senior manager to an AVP!

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

SWIMMING!!I need to crack it.I have been trying to learn for quite sometime and the reason has been only my inconsistency.

Also need to get back to my running at specified time goal!

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

I have lot of time at hand for doing what I am passionate about without a compromise on work and family time. I spend less time on Internet and more with real people!

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

I did hill cycling in Nagala and I saw stars. Not being a trail cyclist , I had quite a bum(py)! Ride.But my fear on lot of things gave way to excitement and learning

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

It helps me immensely in planning.
Events don’t always go as planned.But the end result has to be achieved. The fire fighting we do to get those goals helps me in my Project execution also!!
Apart from above when I see finishers (Who never thought they will make it) making it against all odds to finish point it gives me the strength and confidence that anything can be achieved if you set your mind to it.

What are you other interest?

I love reading and manage some “ My “ time with books. I also like painting and try some handiwork around the house. Love to beautify my place of stay

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club