CTC Profiles - Karthik Singh




Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Featuring Karthik Singh


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am working in a IT company in Chennai. My interests are cycling, swimming,  travelling and making new friends. Cooking is also my hobby J 

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

I have started CTC in Sep 2014. I have following the google groups for the trek alerts and every time I see the group the registration might have closed. One day I was lucky that I can register and was called for a fitness test by Team SSS. I was just following Peter in the fitness test and My timing was 6 minutes. Later I came to know about the email subscription will have a confirmation email coming up but I was in my junk. After successful registration I am regular to CTC. 

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

After my first trek, next event was Green Day 2014. From then I was part of almost all the major event for volunteering. I was the swim counting lead in triathlon. Aid station lead in JHU and CTM. I was also with trail marking team in CTM on Saturday with Goutham and Durai. Next day I was with biking team volunteering with Arun Prabakar. I have participated in triathlon in 2015. CTC 10*10 series is helping me to imporove my running. 

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

The biggest achievement for me is the way I am now. Fit to run, trek and cycle. I can survive with minimal things for longer duration. Mountain marathon 47 km from Nagala to tada in 15 hours is one of the biggest achievement. I learnt map reading because of CTC thanks to Navigation boot camps.

Anything else you might want to add?

Because of CTC I learnt to travel and explore alone. Solo trip and unplanned trips are very fun and informative. We get to know our self and handle situation easily. 

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Every moment is best moment with CTC. To be specific. In 2012/2013, my company was sponsoring for Wipro Marathon but I did not participate thinking who will run such long distance. Later after joining CTC in 2014, I did a hull marathon in TWCM 2015 & 2016, Spice coast marathon 2015, triathlon in 2015 . Best moment is at the finish line which is because of CTC. 



How do you manage your work life balance ?

I want to maintain the required hours in the office and remaining 15 hours is for me to enjoy. I do some cycling or swimming or run or clean up basically I will be with CTC events and remaining time with roommates and don’t compromise on sleep too J. Weekends I plan in such a way that at least once in fort night I go my hometown. 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

Noting specific. Accept the life as it comes and enjoy each and every moment. Explore the world as much as I can and travel around. 

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

After I joined CTC, I have learn a lot in terms of leader ship, decision making and doing something for society and make other do by inspiring them.

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

First experience is always the best experience. Saying that my first cycling trip to Idukki, Kerala is memorable one for me. Thanks to Hema L Mani for including me for this. Later on every cycling event adds more memories and friends. 15 days cycling in Vietnam was my life time experience. Apart from that I did the cycling trips to Javadhu, kolli, kalayaran, twice to kerala, megamalai, wayanad, yercaurd, sulthan battery to mysore cycling and many other south Chennai cycling.  

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Because of this experience I am able to take the owner ship in many activities in office and outside. I was able to plan and execute thinks smoothly. I learnt a lot about negotiations and getting contacts from various people.  

What are you other interest?

My interests are travelling, cooking, to meet new people & get to know there culture. 

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club