CTC Profiles - Dhvinay PV




Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Featuring Dhvinay PV


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

Working with Siemens because of which I shifted to Chennai in the first place. Interests keep changing for me, some common factors I can conclude from them are- challenging, adventurous and mostly logical. 

When & How  did you  get started with CTC?

My first tryst with CTC was a cycling trip with Rajasekaran in November 2014. Heard a lot about new and intriguing pieces of thoughts during the trip and met a lot of motivated people. Heard of Peter as somebody who organises treks- not the kind I had been to before, i heard thorn-filled, no trails, bee stings, no water, carrying injured people. Oh that was scary, but challenging as well. What happened with the cycling trip? It went well with a 250km on the odo in less than 14hr time frame- the first long ride with my recent best investment, my Schwinn Sporterra Sport. Being of my nature, it took me some time to get to know a lot of people who shaped the me I currently am.

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

Started with cycling, ventured into trekking, tried to grip a bit onto trail-running on the main canvas. In the background I've enjoyed a few weekday camps, volunteer-ship for sports events, clean-up drives, navigation boot-camps, snake-walks and fun-filled hangouts to discuss the above activities :)

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

With a bit of all these activities I've been involved with in CTC, I was in a position to complete a 100k jungle ultra race recently in a very comfortable position. A race on foot spanning over an entire day needs more than just running accomplice. When people around me cribs about me being crazy for even thinking about such insane races, I just think of my fellow CTCians who are constantly in search for scaling higher in the level of common man's insanity- it's a different world here at CTC. 


Anything else you might want to add?

Being the diverse group that CTC is because of its volunteer based driving force, I've met and befriended a lot of wonderful personalities who've shared pieces of thoughts for me to never stay stagnant and bored.

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Receiving my first 'You are shortlisted' mail for the Palani hills cycling in April 2015. Between the first mail to the last one in the thread, I discovered my passion for off-road cycling. 

How do you manage your work life balance ?

Working on a market entrant product with a small enthusiastic team at work allows only for a meager involvement into sports, also because sleep is my second priority :) Off-work, I prefer to spend quality time to work on things which can later be stories for my grandchildren! :D

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

Comfort in water is one hard specific nut that I need to crack, I've identified it, but the action plan is yet to be laid. All other goals/dreams aren't specific yet, so spares this session ;)


How has your life changed after joining CTC ?

The off-beaten approach is what CTC has engraved into my life. Despite being in the young adrenaline driven age, the camaraderie with CTC has had some positive influence in hinting spots of maturity in me :D 

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

An experience that changed the way I perceived the word 'Tour'- the 700k covered along the Spiti Valley in 2015 with my Schwinn. I've also enjoyed each and every monthly hill-cycling I used to attend until I transitioned into raw foot-power. Off-road cycling still initiates that spark in me on contact.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Managing an area out of interest to volunteer has the possibility to bring out the best in oneself provided the environment is right- CTC is indeed perfect! Take lead and shape it the way it feels best and the core members extend their support in all possible ways.  

What are you other interest?

I'm curious about new technologies and am a passionate DIY-er.  Someday I hope to contribute bits and pieces of something what my planet can be proud of :)

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club