CTC Profiles - Vanathi




Monday, February 6, 2017
Featuring next - Vanathi


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?
Working with a Vinformax Technologies as a Business Development Analyst. My interests are keep myself busy into any kind of out door activities instead of sitting ideally in a room. I occupied myself into various activities like Running, Cycling, Trekking, Cleanup, Reading Books and all other CTC events.

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?
I have joined with CTC from CCC-6 2015. I came to know about CTC through one of my friends & we came for the Flash-Mob Practice awareness program for CCC 6 at ePagemaker. My First event was Creating Awareness for CCC 6 through Flash Mob in various places in & out city. Actually I enjoyed a lot with the team and felt happy on CCC 6, 7th June 2015. At this point of time I don't have any idea about CTC who are they what they are doing and all. I simply came for Practice and CCC 6 Cleanup. The two hours we spent in the beach cleanup with the team and conversation we had with lot of people in CTC gave me an IDEA, CTC is into so many activities like Sports, Trekking, Gree Events too. Then only I registered myself with CTC officially became a Member.That day I felt like I found real happiness and its going to change my entire life which I am Searching for the long time. 

What are the activities of CTC that you are involved in?

As I said, I am trying to keep occupied myself with all the activities of CTC based on Which Invite comes first!! :-P  I have been part of Trekking, Sports Activities (JHU / CTM / Triathlon), Volunteering for few Plantation, Plastic Awareness Session & Cleanups as well coordinating with Peter for Weekday Camp & Morning Hike.

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?
I had my PCOD problem at earlier College days. Doctors suggestion was taking tablet for at-least for 5yrs, I hesitate to take this and living with cysts and to find alternates. Believe me, for past 2 yrs I am in my regular cycle and there were no traces of the cysts anywhere. U can ask me how CTC help you to overcome, CTC makes my life busy and fully engaged with Fitness, Outdoor activities and  its gives me Stress-free life in the current society. I can say its ever Best Achievement.



Anything else you might want to add?
CTC does not only allow you to offer your services to society, but giving you the chance to learn and discover new things and improve your skills without any limitation. I earned true friends for the life time, I learnt to challenge myself for achieve new goals & pushing my limits with unyielding attitude.

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Each and Every events which I participate in CTC gave a new learning for lifetime, The Best learning / Moment is Swimming. Even Still I am beginner,I thank Raja to help me for over come my fear of water, Varatha Thanks Machi  There are So many BEST Moments from the Past two yrs of CTC life. Still close to my heart is the Jump from the Cliff, I cant believe I did a dive from the cliff of Magic pool at one of My Nagala Trek and Jump from Ottiyambakkam quarry . 

How do you manage your work life balance ?

Everyone is having the same 24hrs a day. Its all about how we are using the time efficiently for our personal and official life. When you are running behind your passion you automatically learn how to make / Manage the time effectively.

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

The ultimate goal is to be HAPPY and "Live the Moment" with the like minded people who around with me. Wherever I am finding my happiness I started work towards it.
The Next Happiness is winning the Half Iron Title and Make myself Busy in Outdoor As Much As Possible.

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

I am trying my best to be friendly with Mother Nature by avoid harming them. Personally my fitness level & endurance improved a lot. Mentally strong enough to face the new challenge.
Life became more easier and freedom to live.

Share some of your Cycling  that you did in the CTC?

Last year did Cycling in Jawathu Hill for the first time. That was my first cycling in long distance that too in Hills through lot of small villages and uneven terrain. Make me feel more closure to Nature along with like minded CTC family.So much of Motivation,support and helping each other is make me feel blessed with group. that was thrilling and adventurous experience at downhill. Wish to do more hill rides with CTC.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Personally I feel my self-confidence improves. what I learned from CTC helps me more in my Professional life to apply those leadership Quality and Decision Making skills.  I had a chance to try many new hobbies like Home Composting, finding new alternates to reuse plastics etc., CTC allow me to interact with common interest people and let me trying new ideas.


0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club