CTC Profiles - Roopa Chozhan




Friday, February 24, 2017
Featuring - Roopa Chozhan


**What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am Dr. Roopa Chozhan, doing my PG in EM(Emergency Medicine), working for Apollo hospitals & free-lance @ medical camps

**When & How did you get started  CTC?

I participated only in Chennai coastal cleanups during college days without knowing its a CTC event..LOL !! The 2015-December flood is when I closely observed CTC activities and their wonderful efforts beyond its self-explanatory name "The Chennai Trekking Club". I always wanted to involve myself in different activities and I remember a random post in FB "call for volunteers-Kotturpuram cleanup" to which I decided to go. I was astonished seeing the pent up garbage @Adyar river, Kottur and even more to see how people volunteered without hesitation kicking up their heels in a trench to clean. I put my gloves on to extend my support that day and will always continue the happy volunteering ever !! 

**What are the activities of  CTC that you are involved in?

Since 2015 December, I have participated in most of the CTC activities cleanups, volunteering in all Chennai triathlon, JHU, CTM, Blood donation camps, trekking, bike trips, plantations, Chennai Coastal Cleanup. 2016- was all about CTC to me !!

**What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

CTC played a major role in changing myself and possibly, letting me experience the world in a different way and this "change in me" is one of my biggest achievement post-CTC. 

**Anything else you might want to add?

CTC gave me an opportunity to meet wonderful people put together from various parts of the world in all likelihood(they eventually be your good friend) and to meet them during events is a bliss. Not everybody gets such opportunity to meet people who "smile" though u know them or not.
Peter,Nive,Tam,Dil,Aha,Av,Mu,Ash,Sai,Mo,Nir,Sri,Je,Har,Nar,KK,Mal,Shy,Hem,An,Ko,Tommy& to all selfless souls - TQ for showing volunteering world !


**Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had in CTC?

All of them !! few mentions: 
- I was asked to ferry a blind depth pool called "Deadend pool" during a trek with Emperors and to ferry this you have to jump in the Dead-end pool. I was high-strung frightened to core yet managed to jump with help of Arun, Praveen(and this was my first jump into deepest pool/water point ever in my life) I remember this saying "If you want to let go of the fear, face it"
- CCC awareness programs especially all kids program, Neelangarai, Decathlon opening @Navalur and BIG FM with Peteru, Abi ka, Ravi.

**How do you manage your work life balance?

It's based on how u control your hours for work-home-work, you can ask yourself: "in what other ways I am bringing joy to my life?"
I unlocked the joy to my life by doing things I liked and prioritize my routine - work better without work enslaving you!
If you really want to do something, you 'll find a way. If you don't, you 'll find an excuse. 

**Any specific goals/dream that you are working on?

Yes, to do further specialization in EM,
to go explore many more places and
to continue to do what I am doing and to reach out to people in need, awareness to assure people that every accountable move you do towards an unhealthy environment is directly proportional to ailment-medicine bound future!

**How has your life changed after joining this CTC?

I 've never been so much outdoors or been with a big gang of friends camping/touring as my parent were always strict as every other parent, but this time my mom appreciated what I did as a part of my heart & being a responsible citizen, then on she always been lenient and never stopped me from what I wanted to do and this helped me to explore many places though am a girl, she let me be a free-spirit. 

**We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this help you outside CTC?

Yes, a lot especially you learn you don't have to be forceful/commanding unnecessarily to get any jobs done. You also teach or learn from others and most of all you treat everyone equally and every life equally!

**What are your other interest?

I love to read autobiographies, write, organizing events, sketching and songs were always my best potion of happiness.

"A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal" -Steve Maraboli

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club