CTC Profiles - Rajkumar Mahendran




Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Featuring Rajkumar Mahendran


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I'm a CAE Engineer (B.E Mechanical) in Ford Motor Company. 
My interests are listening, being with Nature and contemplating and trying to feel how people behave and the world works. 

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

Growing up as everyone else, I always felt that I was growing more unconnected and I always wanted to find out that unquenchable thirst of my existence. And on one fine day, on a magical google search I found The Chennai Trekking club. Finally my CTC life started in 2013 with a trek to Nagala which rekindled the fire in me.

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

Though I started out with a trek, I branched out into diverse areas ranging from MTB rides, Biking, a bit of tree planting , learning about species,volunteering when ever needed by the team and recently into Ultra running , Triathlon training and Cleanups.

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

CTC life has taught me to look at the most simplest of things in awe ans excitement (thought I don't show much in facial expressions).
As I'm concerned, achievements doesn't matter in CTC whereas the only goal is to take a small step forward and keep moving which in turn changes everything including one's self.

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Each and every moment with CTC is awesome as we do something wonderful to others and the world around us.
Above all, I identify myself with CTC.


How do you manage your work life balance ?

I strongly believe that you can't do a good job if your job is all you do. 
A sense of social responsibility and thought should be the perfect way of life. In my case, CTC and family is my balance, everything else is work. 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

My goals for 2017 are 1. To be part of more social activities done by CTC. 2. To convert my home into a zero waste living model.After all change begins from home, isn't it?

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

More Freedom, More learning, More initiatives, More courage, More Persistence, More discipline and More happiness.

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

I was a guy who was not able cycle more that 30kms. After some events(100 + kms) like South Chennai cycling, Shevaroys with Peteru, Cholavaram / Tiruporur with Raajasekaran & Nambi - I got the confidence to ride solo from Chennai to Coimbatore (500kms) covering small villages along the way (avoiding highways) followed by climbing Vellaingiri hills (1760mts). CTC made it possible.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Increase in confidence which lead to better decisions both personal and professional.

What are you other interest?

My latest interest is Running and Improving my swimming skills. Also in process of learning a new language and experimenting with a zero waste lifestyle.

And to my fellow humans, Always remember, All you have is this life. Don't waste it. Create something beautiful before you leave and have fun along the way.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club