CTC Profiles - Gowtham Prabhu




Friday, February 3, 2017
Next in line, we talk to:



What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I work with Astrazeneca Pharma as a Software Engineer. I like to work closely with Nature, spend some valuable time with people around us.

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?
I have joined CTC during Dec 2015 Chennai floods, thats the first time when I saw CTC post calling for Volunteers, I had volunteered in delivering food items near Adyar with Ragul Trekker and few other people .
On seeting the team, I got interest in volunteering , started to follow the CTC blog and started working with CTC whenever possible.

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?
I use to come for Swim regularly, Easy and Moderate Treks , Cleanups  , Weekday camps , some hill running , few tree plantations and all CTC events as a Volunteer. 

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

The biggest achievement when it comes along with CTC is I have realized my inner capability. I never knew that I can run 20 miles and  swim long distances .  I realized it after joining with CTC and started running and swimming with fellow CTC'ians. And the main thing I learnt  is to achieve the target with Never give up attitude.

Anything else you might want to add?

We meet thousands of people in our lifetime, but there are very few those who pause and leave a mark.The best feeling on earth come only because of the best people in our life, and with their presence, everyday turns lovely. Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what. In this way, you all constitute my blood. Each and every member in CTC is an inspiration to me .  I am proud that I own such nice people in my life and all of you definitely add more meaning to it.
Thanks for always being there, for me.  



Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Wherever I go with the people from CTC, the day becomes THE BEST!!!, every minute spent with the CTC team I feel happy that I'm doing good to people or environment .  

How do you manage your work life balance ?

Earlier, other than office I felt I never had free time for outdoor activities, but after coming to CTC, I'm spending the same amount of time in office as earlier, but I'm getting lots of time to spend in outdoor activities. I learnt to make time and use it efficiently. Now I agree with the saying, Where there is a will, there is a way! 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

To create awareness with the people on Clean and Green environment , to be happy and make others happy, to help and guide the needy people.

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

Earlier I never had an awareness about how we harm the nature by using plastics, now I learnt many things through CTC , the importance of nature. CTC made me physically fit and mentally strong.

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

I have done cycling in Jawadhu hills , That was the first time I'm doing cycling in hills,  I had a difference experience in cycling through Trails and villages.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?
Yes, it helps a lot in both Personal and Professional life . It helps me to build  leadership skills, communicate effectively with others ,  I learnt to convey my ideas to people very efficiently.

What are your other interests?
I have been doing only Volunteering in the CTC events , on seeing the participants I got interest to participate in some events.
I have recently started running , I have completed  2 official Half Marathons with No practice, Now I realized I have a capability to run, my interest is to join the runners from CTC and participate in some official events along with the CTC team sometime somewhere !.
 

We are responsible for our own happiness, but people in our life also play a vital role in it.
We can't chose to travel with anyone, but by destiny, God chooses our friends.
And fortunately, many a times they are so lovely that the journey with them becomes stupendous and amazing.
A simple thank you could not convey all of the gratitude I feel, yet,
I would like to let each one of you know that you made me smile and you were a reason for my happiness.!!

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club