CTC Profiles - Shyam Sundar




Monday, May 22, 2017
Featuring Shyam Sundar


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?
I am an IT consult working in the US currently, I like to keep myself involved in some activity. Be it travelling, cycling, photography.   

When & How did you get started  CTC?
My first interaction with CTC started in 2011, as most of them it was the freshers trek to Nagala east side, followed by photography workshops, coastal cleanups and so on :) later in 2014 when my plan to return back to India was confirmed, I registered for the photography trip to rameshwaram organized by Navanee and Dinesh, from then its been non stop.

What are the activities of CTC that you are involved in?
In CTC I am mostly involved in Photography trips and Photo walks. 

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?
I was part of the photo walk group and been helping in conduct the photowalk every alternate week with Allwyn, Navanee, Johny, Saravanan, Bala and the team, and I have also helped in organizing quite a few photography trips with Dinesh. I think this as big contribution given the tight work schedule. 


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !
I have done so many trip with CTC, each trip gives me so many memories, my first outdoor stay at a water fall, barbecue in the open, sleeping under the stars, the bus and car trips, post trip meetups, there are so many. 

How do you manage your work life balance ?
I try to take some time for myself and do a trip at least once every month, when that was getting tough I started involving in photowalks on Sunday morning :) I believe when work gets though, you need a break to energize yourself. With CTC its always outside network zone ;) so you definitely get change of environment. 

I also try to do some workout sessions or cycling.

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?
After joining CTC i would say it definitely has changed me a lot. CTC gave me the platform to meet different people, learn so many new things, gave a new perspective in seeing things. 

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?
I have learnt a lot on organizing, planning, crisis and people management. During trip not everything goes as planned there should always have to have plan B, for transport, food, accommodation etc. 

Also I have met so many people from various part of the country and various work stream and learn a lot with each interaction. You never how this will help but if you think back on any decision you will see traces and impacts of all those interactions. 

Its like Steve Jobs  "its all about connecting the dots, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." 

What are you other interest?
I try sketching and some glass etching. Talking about Glass etching is something i learnt from my room mate (Saravanan Rathnavel) in US who was also part of CTC organizing group :) 


0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club