CTC Profiles Balaji Jothimani




Friday, May 26, 2017
Featuring Balaji Jothimani



What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

​​
​I am working​ in TCS as Tech Support Engineer. And I am interest with Nature & Traveling, So I am involving outdoor activity like Trekking/Hiking, Backpacking trips, Tree plantation and maintenance rest of my work time.


When & How did you get started CTC?
 Not sure about the date, Two years ago One fine Sunday I was reading Dinamalar Sunday special newspaper and I saw an article about “Chennai Trekking Club”. I registered with CTC as soon as I come to know about CTC and getting involved the CTC activates. My very first CTC activity is Organic farm visit with Vinoth Shannkaran. From that day onwards I am take part of all kind of CTC activity in regular basis.

What are the activities of CTC that you are involved in?

​​
I am involving as a participant/Volunteer in all aspects of CTC like

​​
Ainthinai 
– Green events like Tree plantation and Maintenance, Organic farm visits.

​​
CTC Fitness Test 
– Regularly coordinating Fitness test for new comers of CTC test their fitness level and  provide tips to improve the fitness level.

​​
CESAW
 – Plastic awareness workshops, conducting art from waste competition in Govt School and Flash mob

​​
Sports Events 
– Triathlon (Participant and Rescue Swimmer), Chennai Trail Marathon, Jawathu Hill Ultra (Volunteer). Cycling, CCC awareness cycling.

​​
Waste Management 
– Chennai Costal Cleanup (Leaning Santhome subzone 3), Beach cleanup drives, Adyar river cleanups. (Due to night shift can’t participate more cleanup events) and home composting workshops.

My untouched area in CTC is
​​
 Ultra-hill running & Biking
. Last January I met with an accident and I am gradually recovering now. I hope within this year I’ll be participate at least one Ultra hill running event.




What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?
You can’t find a lazy bugger like me. But now I am a fitness freak it’s only because of CTC. CTC changed me from lazy bugger to Triathlete, Marathoner and Trekker/Hiker.  I have successfully completed #NoPlasticChallenge V2.0. Successfully completed Navigation bootcamp 2017 with in a first day itself.
 


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !
​My first ​ Triathlon completion (Olympic category).  I really feel proud when I got Triathlon Medal.​​ Still I remember Roopa Chozhan​

How do you manage your work life balance?

​​
​I am ​ handling US client at office, So mostly I am in night shift. So I can find some​ time in the early morning to join in Ainthinai events and Swimming. And I regularly coordinate bimonthly Fitness test with Team. 

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

​I am coming from small village called Chinnalapatti form Dindigul Dt and I don’t know anyone in Chennai apart from my 4 friends. After joining CTC I got many friends and well-wishers.​ ​CTC changed​ me and my lifestyle lot. For example Once upon a time before joining CTC I was​ addicted to alcohol, But now a days I can’t even find time to open a bottle and​ say cheers. CTC did some magic in me and turned me adducted to Nature and​ Fitness. It’s just amazing and healthy adduction. Added to​ this I learned effective team building and event organizing skills. I can apply these skills in my life to lead a good life. And I got good feedbacks and ​ wishes from my parents, friends and colleagues to take part of the social activities. Now I have a group of likeminded souls to stand by my side a​​nd​ supporting me to do good initiatives. What else I need? I feel proud to be a​ CTCian forever.


We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

​My favorite ​ part is doing volunteering in all aspect of CTC events. Yes, I am regular​ volunteer for Aninthinai events like GYOS & GYOV because it’s give more ​experience and healthy lifestyle. I can do my own farming and can encourage and help my relatives and nearer. As I mention earlier the effective team building and event organizing skills is help me lot in office events.


​​
What are you other interest?

​​
​I have interest in ​ writing​ travel blog ​.​ A​nd I love solo travels.

 

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club