CTC Profiles - Nilesh Rj




Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Featuring Nilesh Rj


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I work for Cognizant. 
Gym , mountains , Solo long drive(BIKE), Outdoor and adventure sports are my interests. 

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

My love with mountains started from 1 day trek to Nagala on October 2014 organized by Raj Jacob/Nachi.
I would never forget this day in my life where i started learning survival along with nature.
Thanks to my friend Paul Pradeep for pulling me into this trek.

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

I involved in Treks, Open water swimming, Triathlons , Hill Running, CTM & JHU , Organizing Weekday fitness tests etc..

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

With a bit of involvement in above activities with CTC, 
"CTC Mountain Marathon V" 45 km from Nagala to tada in 15 hours.
Completed 50k Malnad Ultra & 52K Kolli Ultra with ease.
Once i used to comment "how running would make you fit instead do gymming that make you muscular(FIT)" . 
But now i am motivating(pulling) my mates to join for Treks and Morning runs

Anything else you might want to add?

I strongly believe "if humankind is to survive we have to start living with nature not against it"
CTC shows how to survive along with nature.


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

No wonder, the fact is that there are so many best moments associated with CTC. 
If I has to pick one, the moment i received a message from Raj Jacob "Nilesh you are ready to organize a trek".

How do you manage your work life balance ?

Making Profession Passion balance(work life balance) as a habit would make it simpler. I am able to integrate outdoor activities along with my work schedule,
My weekdays starts @5am with either running or Gym till 8am and a normal IT guy till 8PM9-10pm again GYM.
My weekends are dedicated to endurance sports(Trek,Long Running,Climbing,Cycling). 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

I have specific fitness goals for myself. 
For now to complete a full distance triathlon & Solo trek to nepal(Annapurna Circuit) in 2017.
Long time goal is to explore each and every corner of wealthy india alone.
All other goals/dreams aren't decided yet, since it is changing every year with CTC ;)

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

After CTC I have made more active friends. Gained knowledge and experience in many fitness activities.
I am more concerned about my fitness level now. My weekends became more active.
From Gym rat(Indoor) to Trekker/Runner(Outdoor).
CTC always motivates me to go beyond my limits.


Share some of your cycling that you did in the CTC?

Triathlon practice with CTC buddies(Vishal,Muthu & Ganesh)
Cycling was greek or latin for me.I've identified my problem,will work on it & soon will share my achievement in cycling too.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

"The function of CTC is to produce more leaders, Not more followers" i am one among. So obvious that we can lead an corporate humans with ease.

What are you other interest?

Solo travel, Surfing, Living inside forest, Meet new people & get to know their culture. 


0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club