CTC Profiles - Muthu Kumaran




Monday, April 17, 2017
Featuring Muthu Kumaran


1. What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I own Chain of Restaurants & Exporter, My Interest are Trekking, Exploring & Backpacking  

2. When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

Joined CTC in 2011 and attended fitness test for Javadhu Exploration. 

3. What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

I mostly engage myself in Difficult & Exploration Trekking like PX4,5,6,7, OG 12,13,14,15, CCC Zone Lead from the 2nd year of starting, Trail Marking for CTM & JHU. Engage mostly in hardcore activities. 
During the chennai floods did lot of volunteer work and lucky to spot Vanjivakkam village near Pulicat lake to make the Rehabilitation work. Got the CTC Volunteer Award. 

4. What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

knew that the world is big enough to explore,after completing each trek made my mind, body and soul stronger & stronger.
to be precise "It mad me more human" 

5. Anything else you might want to add?

happy to be a part of the most energetic & selfless group and will continue my support to CTC in many possible way.


6. Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

(a) The best moments are when our co trekker (Srikanth Balaji) was lost in OG trek and we had searched like anything.
(b) Trail marking for 1st CTM was a like whoa, were we had put all the route by 3pm and then rain lashed and made a big spoil and You (Peter) had to show us a different way to proceed and  we were marking the route with Durai when the First runner was just behind us. 
(c) It was real fun when we were trail marking for first edition of JHU and its was a great experience/  

7. How do you manage your work life balance ?

That's been the most critical part where I consider trek or nature as my first & work as my 2nd in life

8.Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

Been mostly in Trekking so I need to join the Triathlon 

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

I am more happy and free when i am with the nature and make people around me also happy

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

Did some cycling in MTB cycle like covered 100kms in 4.5hrs & offroad near CTM Trail

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

This the most important part in my life, its not just trekking alone. Volunteering has made my mind more stronger and helped in my business life also. 

What are you other interest?

Outdoor activities is my only interest.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club