CTC Profiles - Antony Allwyn




Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Featuring Antony Allwyn


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am a business owner, into Stainless steel business. I love taking photographs, i would like to become a recognised photographer.
 
When & How did you get started CTC?

2015 Aug in a called off SUV trip to Sharavathi organised by Navanee Viswa
 
What are the activities of CTC that you are involved in?

I (pls read it as We) organize Photo walks every alternate week under the name of CTC - Madras Clickers
 
What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with CTC?

We have successfully conducted 23 walks in the last one year. We were able to conduct the walks on every alternate weekends which itself we consider as an achievement. Also I am very happy to be awarded the best Organiser for 2016.
  
Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had!

During one of the Treks, my friend’s leg was bitten badly by leeches. He was pretty scared and was constantly complaining about leeches. Another friend was watching this told him that if you eat salt leaches won't bite, without a second thought he took a hand full of salt and swallowed it. Everyone who was watching this could not control their laughter. I will never forget this.
 
How do you manage your work life balance?

One day my work is hectic the other day it will be relaxing, I use the relaxed day and send out the mails and do the co-ordination activities for the photo walks. Doing own business it is not possible to take off during week days (includes Saturday) so only day which is free for me is Sunday. It’s really difficult to share one day between family and passion. My family members are very supportive they let me take half a day for photo walks. Remaining day for family
 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on?

For this question I have to talk about the team, it is not me as a single person who does conduct the walks. Mr.Johny, Shyam and Saravanan all of them contribute in an immeasurable way as their time permits. Yeah, we have a goal for the year 2017 - 2018 that every alternate week there must be a photowalk regardless of the Organising team present in the city or not. As I mentioned above Navanee Viswa picked me on one of the trips stating that I am good at people mgmt, there starts everything.
 
How has your life changed after joining this CTC?

Yeah, I would say a few things. I have become more efficient in terms of managing stuffs, managing people from different walks of life and becoming friends with them.
 
Did anything change after marriage?

I don’t think much has changed after marriage except, one more critic to comment on my photos.
 
Share some of your cycling that you did in the CTC?

I haven't involved myself in any cycling activities. Wish to start it soon.
 
We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC?

CTC has broken the shell in which I was confined in. Before Joining CTC I used to be a shy person. I would find very difficult to start conversation with new people. But now it’s the other way round. This has really helped me in my business and personal life as well
 
What are you other interest?

My other interests are Photography, Driving and trekking.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club