CTC Profiles - Manisha Goteti




Monday, March 27, 2017


What are you currently doing (job/study)? Your interests?

I’m working as a cost consultant for a multinational PMC. And I do carry a bag lot of other interesting activities from trekking to running, swimming and I am also deeply involved in volunteering activities.

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

It started with clean up trek at Nagalapuram. Since then I have been involved with various volunteering activities. Though it’s been less than a year since I joined, CTC has become a family to me. Thanks to all the CTC friends for motivating and making me understand that there is life beyond our mundane professional life.

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

I’m involved in Ainthinai plantation activities, clean up drives and regular volunteering with other sports events such as Triathlon, Swimathon and so on.

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

Every activity I have been involved feels like an achievement. My biggest achievement would be increasing awareness and inspiring people around me to recognize the need of reducing plastic usage. After all human are the predominant drivers of the change and collective measure to bring this change would work wonder to achieve anything sustainably good for the society.

Anything else you might want to add?

We live in an era of technology and smartphones but there are young children’s who are very much deprived of vital primary education. We can have some interactive sessions with this young children, teach them, motivate and inspire them to live a sustainable life. 

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had!

On one of the regular clean up drives at Srinivasapuram, this young lady complained about the garbage dumped just right next to her house. Her child would be nearly 6 months old and it really moved my soul looking at the way they were struggling to live with the garbage dumped next to their house. Hopefully my best moment would be the day we successfully achieve in making Srinivasapuram zero waste society and set an example to other communities.


How do you manage your work life balance?

Tough takes requires tough decisions. Work would always be balanced when you are little strict with your timings. I feel very well satisfied if the day begins early with a run or clean up. It boosts up my energy levels for rest of the day. 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on?

I’m living in a community of 350 flats. I want to drive garbage segregation in every household. I have even taken initiative and gathered volunteers. I am working on making my community free from wet waste and make them aware of benefits of garbage segregation. I hope it works out well soon. 
And my long term goal is to take this initiative further to implement in other communities.

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

CTC had brought a remarkable change in my life. It has helped in building confidence, strong on body, mind and will. I learnt to come out of my comfort zone. As I always been a nature lover, CTC has given a platform to contribute myself to motivate people and help them practice sustainable way of living. CTC has also given me an instant confidence, determination and motivation to bring change in the society.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC?

Leading a team is not an easy task. It has thought me to be consistent. Consistent efforts would never go waste and I use the same ideology at my workplace and this has helped me in growing in my career as well.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club