CTC Profiles - Ashish Tiwari




Thursday, March 9, 2017
Featuring Ashish Tiwari


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

Currently I am working as a consultant in one of the Big 4s. I have a varied range of interests inclusive of adventure sports, cricket, trekking, biking, running, cycling, reading, cooking, trekking, be a part of social causes, volunteering

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

Chennai Floods. Those memories are very still very fresh. One day before only I came back from Delhi after my Diwali breaks. I really wanted to help during this tough time & them I came across the CTC page on FB. I registered myself & started volunteering as & when required. But after that it faded off. I really got involved in CTC & its activities during 10*10 series & since then its a bful journey with lots of memories. 

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

I try to get involved in all the activities. I have done Javadhu Ulta & CTM as a participants. I have been an active volunteer in CTM 2016, Triathlon, swimathon & in almost all the sports events. Apart form this I have also volunteered myself for regular clean up activities (theosophical society, beach clean up, Srinivasapuram). I have also been part of CTC Treks, hill run, weekday camps, regular swimming sessions

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

The biggest achievement till now for me is the fitness & energy level I have achieved. I have done things, that I have never even thought of.

Anything else you might want to add?
CTC to me is like another family. Coming from Delhi to Chennai was a tough decision for me. But after being part of CTC, I am not even thinking of going back. The best part here is that everyone is treated equally & with utmost respect. The newcomers gets a warm welcome & easily gel with everyone. Each & every member in this group has many achievements, yet they are very humble & they always encourage & support you to get better as an individual.


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Getting the appreciation as the "Volunteer of the Year 2016" is one of the best moments among many.

How do you manage your work life balance ?

Managing work life balance has really become very easy. I plan my things accordingly & execute them. Infact I have become better in planning & managing things now ðŸ˜Š

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

Short term - Finishing half iron in upcoming traithlon event & establishing myself as an ultra runner.
Long term - Put my efforts to make a positive change in society & preserve mother nature. Also to inspire as many people as I can towards sports, fitness & nature.

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

Life has changed alot after joining CTC. I have done things that I have never even thought of. I have gone more closer to nature, learned alot from people around me that inspires me to go better day by day.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Volunteering in CTC gives all together a different experience. At work place, It has helped me in managing the things well, always be ready for unexpected, people management skills & how to keep yourself calm & compose even during challenging times.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club