CTC Profiles - Mahesh Sukumar




Friday, February 10, 2017
Featuring - Mahesh Sukumar


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

Majority of my experience has been as a Functional Consultant in the Capital Markets Industry and I am currently in between jobs/career.. Got a strong connection with Outdoors and an active lifestyle..

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

Guess sometime in the second half of 2013 where I got relocated to Chennai and found almost nothing closer to my interests..CTC was a jackpot, literally!:)

What are the activities of CTC that  you are involved in?

I've tried my hands on most of the stuffs in the CTC platter- right from Running/Swimming to Cleanups to Tree plantations & except for a few like Photography & Biking where I know am terrible and its best to be untouched for the benefit of everyone!

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with CTC?

Each of CTC's events has an objective & action attached to it.. Being a minuscule part of the proceedings (rather than ignoring or complaining) is in itself an achievement as far as I am concerned!

Anything else you might want to add?

CTC is the best asset class in town to get unlimited returns practically with a Zero Rupee Investment (Wish Mr.Peter doesn't read this & changes the T&C's!! :)

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Best moments many, but this one I had to say- Well, I had always wanted to finish a Marathon some time in my life and had been training (on & off) for the same..There was a prominent Marathon in the City where in I registered and crossed the finish line to realise that I didn't finish a 2.5 km loop somewhere in the middle (sounds silly but partially mistake lies with me as well as I missed a sign board inadvertently). After so much of deliberations (& half marathons), I participated in CTM 2016 (42 kms) again with some nagging injuries..But the dream of finishing my first marathon got fructified in a CTC event with selfless volunteers around is a moment which I will always cherish!



How do you manage your work life balance ?

I will pass on this question for now but I think if you are really engrossed with anything of your interest (outside of work), you will some how find a way to do it and lack of time or anything for that matter would be just an excuse..

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

Not a dream or goal but my belief is that once the available natural resources in the world starts shrinking rapidly, we as humans will be made to choose a more sustainable community living  and is way different than the way the society is constructed now. Participating in many of the CTC activities helps me to be better equipped for the future!    

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

For good definitely:) I've never realised the importance of staying fit until I became regular with CTC. Fitness had always taken a backseat and glad its never too late anytime to take control of my health back, Thanks to CTC!

Share some of your running that you did in the CTC?

I started of with CTC's 10X10 and gradually progressed with the distance. Now I am one of the known suspects in CTC's hill runs. Apart from the run, I enjoy the breathtaking views the lesser known trails in India has to offer and of course the food we get there! :)

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Yes, more than the times that I participate in CTC sports events you could see me volunteering out there :)  CTC is an excellent platform where you have members of different age groups & different backgrounds with a common interest. Volunteering helps you to be friends with everyone who are even outside of your known/limited circle!

What are you other interest?

I am generally interested in gadgets/apps which reduces monotony and workarounds!

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club