CTC Profiles - Kanagasababathy Gv




Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Featuring - Kanagasababathy Gv


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am working as a Manager in Carrier Airconditioining and Refrigeration Ltd, Bangalore. My Interests are trail running and MTB cycling in hills.

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

I started my journey with CTC in Feb 2015. I purchased a MTB cycle and was browsing in the web to join some cycling group. I found CTC outdoor activities quite interesting and become a member. It started off with an off road cycling trip with peter to Javadhu for two days. I was totally surprised to see Peter and Raghul trekker were running on the second day for 50 kms whereas rest all were cycling. That incident strike deep inside me that one day i should also able to run such long distance. Then I started following CTC activities very closely and participated in most of the hill cycling in 2015. Parallely I also started running but set backed by couple of injuries and was out of running for 6-8 months. Last Jan I ran my first longest distance Meghamalai downhill on the monthly hill run (35 Kms) from Manalar to Chinamannur. From then on I started running long distance regularly

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

Monthly Hill Runs, Javadhu ultra, Chennai Trail Marathon and as a volunteer in Chennai iron Triathlon & Chennai Coastal cleanup. 

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?

I have realized my natural talent of Running after joining CTC.Last year alone I ran 3 ultras (2-50 kms and 1-80 kms) within a year of serious running and also completed the recent Wipro Chennai marathon in 3 hrs and 40 mins, Thanks to CTC monthly Hill runs.

Anything else you might want to add? 
I came to know about endurance sports after joining CTC. CTC members have taken the sport at right spirit and they are my inspiration in life. 
In CTC no one stop at their interested activity, they keep trying something new

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

I would say all my hill runs were my best moments with CTC. Wonderful experience in running close to nature, drinking water from the small villages, taking a dip in the lake/mountain streams and to share lighter moments with fellow CTC members. Best part is you will be totally isolated from outside world - no phone calls, emails and social life


How do you manage your work life balance ?

I spend around 12-15 hrs weekly for running, gym and yoga exercises. By spending time for these activities made me more effective in my work. Early morning runs keeps me energized throughout the day.

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

I wanted to run this year Javadhu Ultra 100 K and Malnad Ultra 110 K. Also I wanted to run 700 K ladakh run along with Peter.  

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

Earlier i used to procrastinate for doing a task, after joining CTC and regular running i am proactively doing my task which helps me in saving lot of time. Also i started caring more about Nature and understood the importance of individual contributions to nature

Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?

I did quite a bit of hill cycling in western ghat and eastern ghats with CTC. Cycling in Eastern Ghats are really challenging because sometimes you have to carry cycle on your shoulders and climb the rocky mountains.

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

It helps me in communicating effectively with others  in both personal and professional life. 

What are you other interest?

I wanted to learn swimming and participate in CTC Triathlon events. Also my interest is to join Ainthinai team in tree plantation activities

Guys start running you will see your life in a different perspective. Life is not about earning and living for self and family it's also about contributing back to the society and nature. 

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club