CTC Profiles - Dinesh Kumar Ravi




Thursday, February 23, 2017
Featuring - Dinesh Kumar Ravi


What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?

I am working for Tata Consultancy Services. Photography is my passion and I love travelling, trekking and exploring new places...

When & How  did you  get started  CTC?

My journey started with CTC during 2012 as a photography volunteer. CTC events served as an excellent platform for me to learn and explore more about photography and travelling.. I owe my gratitude and thanks to Navanee for mentoring me. 

What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?

I am part of CTC's Triathlon, CCC, Cleanups and  few Ainthinai events as photography volunteer and also coordinate with team of photography volunteers for CTC event coverage. 
I also organise photo- walks/  photography trek and trips. 

What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC

Volunteering and Organising events at CTC has mounded me as a better person. It has helped me to  speak well with people from different walks of life more confidently, it has helped me to handle crisis situations patiently. Apart from exploring my passion I consider " being a people's person" is one of best thing to happen to me, as this helps in my professional life as well. 

Anything else you might want to add?

CTC is kind of an extended family to me...for the last 3+years I have spent most of the weekends for photography volunteering, organising photo-walks trek/trips etc. These events helped me to connect with people, get good friends and learn. I am a proud CTCian :)

Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !

Lots of lovely memories, difficult to point out one! 

How do you manage your work life balance ?

I am into hectic IT work life... a bit of planning helps me to balance both. 
 

Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?

My lifetime goal is to become a wildlife photographer. Way to go and am consciously and continuously working on it. I also wish to create awareness on Green Earth and will continue to be part of such events. 

How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

Life after CTC is more meaningful and is a great learning platform for me. Volunteering for good cause, being a responsible citizen without much expectations, giving back to society, and being more conscious about keeping the environment clean and green are my top picks.
 
Share some of your cycling that you did in the CTC?

There was a scheduled CTCs cycling event during Nov 2015, when heavy rain lashed Chennai. Me along with a group of cycling enthusiasts started cycling towards South Chennai early morning from Madhya Kailash, we seldom realised that city is going to be flooded! We cycled nearly 70+kms in the rain without any doubt or hesitation. In the afternoon while returning to city, we came via Kelambakkam where the OMR main road had knee level water. Cars and bikes were off the road, but we cyclist somehow managed to get back. That was one memorable event with lot of lovely memories, halting at small villages for a cup of tea, cycling in the rain enjoying the picture perfect scenery at city outskirts. That was awesome cycling trip ....
 
We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Yes my association with CTC is definitely helping me to connect with people at ease. Leading such events make people recognise me. Many at times people identify me being part of CTC and enquiry about how to participate in such events. Such occasions are great privilege and a nice feel. 

What are you other interest?

Nothing other than Photography as of now. It's my passion and life. 

I take this opportunity to thank all the photography volunteers for extending their support every time. Also the participants of my photo-walk and Trips for their cooperation and support. 

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club