CTC Profiles - Dinesh Dinu




Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Featuring Dinesh Dinu



What are you currently doing (job/study)? your interests?


I studied and engineering and I am working for a US based insurance company as Senior Accounts Receivable Associate. Also doing a bachelor's degree in psychology. 

I am passionate about travelling and photography. I love knowing about different cultures and people around various places.


When & How  did you  get started  CTC?


I have been following CTC for couple of years. But,  only from last year I became a active member. I came in for our ottiyambakkam swimming practice for the first time and got to know Ahamed. Slowly through him found that lot of cleanups and sports activities are lined up. 

I was a normal office goer with the routine work and rest type, spending the weekends in theaters,  bars and stuff. But,  after CTC I discovered there are many really soul satisfying things can be found on our spare time.

Slowly I started registering and participating in Cleanups,  runs, and volunteering events. Now, it turned from spending leisure time in CTC to managing the time for keeping our mind and body fit thru CTC. 


What are the activities of  CTC that  you are involved in?


With CTC, I am doing cleanups,  swimming,  runs,  plantation drives,  trekking, cycling. Hopefully will be joking the hill runs this year!!! 


What will you say has been your biggest achievement when it comes along with  CTC?


From a lazy goose who was hatching on the bed killing time to a person who is practicing for half iron marathon, that what CTC made me. 

I am running marathons, cycling for nearly 100k. These things I never even dreamt of.  And wait for my Iron Man finisher medal soon. 


Anything else you might want to add?


CTC is not just a group. It is like a family to me now.  I bet most of the CTCians will say the same.
Different people form different setups and professions are united under one tree...  CTC! 

I have become a more socially responsible person caring for the environment and nature and trying to do something on my part for the betterment of the following generations.


Share any one of the CTC Best moments you had !


There are lot of best moments with CTC.  I will tell you one incident, which really kick started my interest for running. 

I was volunteering for for the Jawadhu ultra last year.  I was happy to see people of all ages run so passionately on the rough terrain challenging themselves on their endurance. 

It was almost half time after the runs started. I took my bike with couple of water bottles and snickers and rode along the run route to aid the runners if they need in between the aid stations and also cheering them up. I saw a veteran runner on the route approaching. Only then I realized he was injured and was bleeding from many places,  his tees torn at some places.  And..  Guess what? He is still running.  I rushed to him,  offered some water.  He is over is 60s.  Told him that he is bleeding badly and needs a first aid and tried to reach for some held.  He stopped me and with a smile he said, "I am okay boy. I don't want to stop for first aid, then I will loose my rhythm of running." And he started running. 

I was thinking, what necessity does he have at this age to do this.  I how strong and how determined he is. I did my first 10k of my life one week after the incident.

How do you manage your work life balance ?
Most of the clean up activities and swimming is scheduled early morning. So it doesn't affects my work timing.

I schedule my physical activities in a way that I get enough time to boost up energy after  my runs and cycling. And also get enough sleep.  I do also spent times with the friends outside CTC. 


Any specific goals/dream that you are working on ?


I am trying to set up a professional photo studio.  Also, I want to become a travel photographer.



How has your life changed after joining this CTC ?

CTC definitely have changed a lot of things around in my life.  First I came to CTC to over come a loss, to divert myself in to something fruitful. Now,  I am not only physically active, I am mentally so strong. The improvement of physical endurance definitely makes a lot of difference in how we see and perceive things.  That confidence you get that you can endure things and can take a wise decisions. 

Not to mention, I met a lot of beautiful souls in CTC. I don't want to go by their names as everyone of them are special. I even wondered how come these people who doesn't even know me so well,  are so friendly and caring and so supportive. Really happy for being around u people. Trust me,  my other non CTC friends are already jealous.

Doing something back to the world!  This one thing most of us miss doing.  I am happy that I am giving something back to the mother nature when I do cleaups,  planting a sapling maintaining, avoiding the usage of plastics in my lifestyle and try to recycle/reuse few stuff whenever there is a chance. 

In total CTC has made me physically strong,  mentally strong and also soulfully happy being able to do something back to the society !!!


Share some of your cycling  that you did in the CTC?
After school, I only started cycling after joining CTC. Just a 6 months old cyclist.

With our CTC friends I cycled many times.  And two of them are memorable ones.  My first and second 100k cycling. 

On the first 100k the day started as a normal cycling weekend and plan to ride along the east cost as a leisure ride with no target.  Time went by and the ride too..  The mileage was 113k when I finished the ride. With the encouragement from our CTC friends and pro riders I did the second 100k.  

Thanks to Ahamed who has always been with me in all the startup things I do. He encourages from the day one we met in the quarry till now.  Most of the active CTCians know us a brothers. 

We have seen you in leading many of volunteering and how does this helps you outside CTC ?

Leading a CTC volunteering team is no small job.  Lots of planning and hard work goes in to it.  Thanks to you Peter, for giving such an opportunity. In CTC everyone is a volunteer and leader.  All our voices are heard. And managing big events with CTC give you more potential.


This has helped me in improving my leadership qualities and to plan on how should the task be completed. It has given me a higher hand in People management and pre planned workflow. Looking forward for many more events.

What are you other interest?


I love bike riding and photography the most. I am starting up a blog page about the places I travel.  All contents set to be published soon.  

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2015 • The Chennai Trekking Club